Tesco Activity Terms and Conditions
1. Mars Petcare UK ("Mars") and Tesco Stores Ltd ("Tesco") are running a joint in-store and online promotion to raise a donation fund of £150,000, such fund to be shared equally by a number of animal charities located in the UK (the "Donation Fund").
2. The following animal charities will be receiving a donation as a result of this charitable collaboration between Mars and Tesco::
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, Registered Charity No: 206394
Hula Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No: 1094115
Manchester and District Home for Lost Dogs Limited, Registered Charity No: 1001346
Newcastle Upon Tyne Dog & Cat Shelter and Animal Sanctuary, Registered Charity No: 220506
Margaret Green Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No: 252594
North Clwyd Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No: 515195
Edinburgh Dog & Cat Home, Scottish Charity No: SC006914
Blue Cross, Registered Charity 224392, Scottish Charity No: SC040154
Between 21 September and 11 October 2016, for every Whiskas, Pedigree or Dreamies product bought in a participating Tesco store or online at www.tesco.com, Mars will donate 1p to the Donation Fund (up to a maximum donation of £70,000 plus VAT). During the same period, for every Tesco own label petcare product purchased in a participating Tesco store or online at www.tesco.com, Tesco will also donate 1p to the Donation Fund (up to a maximum donation of £80,000 plus VAT).
4. A 1p donation (whether from Mars or Tesco) will only be made in respect of a purchase of one of the Mars branded products or Tesco own label products listed in Condition 3 above. No other petfood products purchased in a participating Tesco store or online will generate a donation.
5. Mars is aiming to generate a donation of £70,000 plus VAT, and Tesco a donation of £80,000 plus VAT, towards a total donation of £150,000 plus VAT through this activity. This amount will include the total of 1p donations made by Mars and Tesco per qualifying Mars and Tesco products sold in-store or on-line. In the event of a shortfall between the value of donations from Mars Petcare products and its target donation of £70,000 plus VAT, Mars will make up the difference by way of a further donation. In the event of a shortfall between the value of donations from Tesco own label petcare products and its target donation of £80,000 plus VAT, Tesco will make up the difference by way of a further donation.
6. The total Donation Fund of £150,000 plus VAT will be shared equally between the eight animal charities listed in Condition 2. Each charity will receive a donation of £18,750 plus VAT as a result of this activity.
7. Donations referenced above in Condition 6 will be made to the recipient animal charities by no later than 23rd November 2016. Such donations are being made to support the daily running of the listed animal rehoming charities.
8. In the event that Mars and/or Tesco receive any donations independently of this promotion, which are confirmed by the donor to be for the general benefit of the animal charities listed in Condition 2 above or for one of these charities specifically, Mars and/or Tesco will ensure that such donations are passed on to the animal charities in accordance with the donor's instructions.
Commercial Participators: Mars Petcare UK of Freeby Lane, Waltham on the Wolds, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 4RS and Tesco Stores Ltd of Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA.