Tesco Activity Terms and Conditions
1. Mars Petcare UK ("Mars") and Tesco Stores Ltd ("Tesco") are running a joint in-store and online promotion to raise a donation fund of £150,000, such fund to be donated to a number of animal charities located in the UK (the "Donation Fund").
2. The following animal charities will be receiving a donation as a result of this charitable collaboration between Mars and Tesco:
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, Registered Charity No: 206394
Leicester & Leicestershire Animal Aid Association, Registered Charity No: 242560
Manchester and District Home for Lost Dogs Limited, Registered Charity No: 1001346
Newcastle Upon Tyne Dog & Cat Shelter and Animal Sanctuary, Registered Charity No: 220506
St Francis Home for Animals, Registered Charity No: 205823
North Clwyd Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No: 515195
Edinburgh Dog & Cat Home, Scottish Charity No: SC006914
Blue Cross, Registered Charity 224392, Scottish Charity No: SC040154
3. Between 19 April and 9 May 2017, for every Whiskas, Pedigree, Cesar, Dreamies or Perfect Fit product bought in a participating Tesco store or online at www.tesco.com, Mars will donate 1p to the Donation Fund (up to a maximum donation of £70,000 plus VAT). During the same period, for every Tesco own label petcare product purchased in a participating Tesco store or online at www.tesco.com, Tesco will also donate 1p to the Donation Fund (up to a maximum donation of £80,000 plus VAT).
4. A 1p donation (whether from Mars or Tesco) will only be made in respect of a purchase of one of the Mars branded products or Tesco own label products listed in Condition 3 above. No other petfood products purchased in a participating Tesco store or online will generate a donation.
5. Mars and Tesco are aiming to generate a total donation of £150,000 through this promotion. In terms of the Donation Fund generated by Mars and Tesco, it has been agreed that the total amount will be allocated in the following way:
(a) Mars will make a maximum donation of £70,000, split between Battersea Dogs and Cat Home ("BDCH") which will receive up to £35,000 plus VAT, together with £35,000 plus VAT to be split equally (£5000 plus VAT each) between the other seven animal charities listed above in Condition 2. This total donation amount will include the total of 1p donations made by Mars per qualifying Mars product sold in-store or on-line. In the event of a shortfall between the value of donations generated by sales of Mars Petcare products and the total donation of £70,000, Mars Petcare will make up the difference by way of a further donation; and
(b) esco will make a donation of £80,000 to be allocated equally between the animal charities listed in Condition 2 (with the exception of BDCH, which shall receive a donation from Mars in line with 5(a) above only). This amount will include the total of 1p donations made by Tesco per qualifying Tesco own label petcare product sold in-store or on-line. In the event of a shortfall between the value of donations from Tesco own label petcare products and the £80,000 total donation to be split equally between the other seven animal charities, Tesco will make up the difference by way of a further donation.
6. The total Donation Fund of £150,000 plus VAT will be shared equally between the eight animal charities listed in Condition 2. Each charity will receive a donation of £16,428 plus VAT as a result of this activity.
7. Donations referenced above in Conditions 5 and 6 will be made to the recipient animal charities by no later than 2 June 2017. Such donations are being made to support the daily running of the listed animal rehoming charities.
8. In the event that Mars and/or Tesco receive any donations independently of this promotion, which are confirmed by the donor to be for the general benefit of the animal charities listed in Condition 2 above or for one of these charities specifically, Mars and/or Tesco will ensure that such donations are passed on to the animal charities in accordance with the donor's instructions.
Commercial Participators: Mars Petcare UK of Freeby Lane, Waltham on the Wolds, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 4RS and Tesco Stores Ltd of Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA.